Since the beginning of our cooperation in 2005, the company has repeatedly confirmed its knowledge and professionalism in the solutions offered.Ryszard Bedynek
Head of IT Department
File naming masks
Most companies encounter difficulties when naming new files generated during product design. In the case of furniture design, this difficulty is so significant that we have decided to develop a solution to unify naming across the organisation.
The answer to the needs of the furniture industry is the introduction of the so-called file naming mask into the settings of the furniture design software. It allows to precisely define a naming scheme for new files, while maintaining separate naming of part files and assemblies. In addition, the CAD administrator gets the possibility to establish a naming scheme for new materials, thus ensuring a consistent, understandable and, most importantly, unique nomenclature for the generated data.
How does it look like?
1. counter settings – settings allowing to specify how the numbering of new files will look like, that is:
– display (decimal, hexadecimal, custom)
– number of numerator positions
– display template.
2. assembly filename template – a formula specifying how new files inserted from the library will be named, it is possible to freely configure within:
– component code.
3. part filename template – each component may consist of a few single parts ( example: body), we also have the possibility to freely configure their name enriched with the option to add parent name.
4. location of inserted components – defining of file storage structure, i.e. tree structure (subfolder) or flat (project folder).
5. material type abbreviations – specify the terminology for coding material types in the material legend.
Marcin Jórasz, WOODEXPERT specialist
A good software for furniture design and production preparation is the foundation for success. It will streamline work, improve team productivity, reduce order lead times and increase business competitiveness on…
A yacht or a camper? With us, you don't need to choose. WOODEXPERT will fit perfectly both in designing the interior of these vessels and vehicles. (more…)
A random, affordable software or a specialised furniture design software developed for continuous development and future purposes? Let's look at the issues most frequently challenged by the furniture design engineers…
Rank two worldwide among the exporters in 2020, with China just ahead – it has to be admitted that the Polish furniture industry has been doing extremely well in recent…
How to accelerate lead times for individual clients? If you're making custom furniture, consider WOODEXPERT CAD – with this CAD software for professionals you can shorten the entire process by…
Over many years of cooperation, SOLIDEXPERT has demonstrated high qualifications in its operations. We can count on support in operating the software, training, as well as technical consultations.Agata Wenglorz-Dorosz
Since 2018, we have been actively cooperating with SOLIDEXPERT in the area of consulting, implementation and maintenance of CAD/CAM/PDM solutions. The cooperation during the entire sales and implementation process was successful. Solutions provided by SOLIDEXPERT are fully used and developed.Małgorzata Wronkowska-Kokot
President of the Management Board
The support in terms of technical assistance and commercial discussions are of the highest level. We can definitely recommend SOLIDEXPERT as a partner of SOLIDWORKS solutions in Poland.Sylwia Koszela
Since 2005, we have been actively working with SOLIDEXPERT in consulting, implementation and maintenance of SOLIDWORKS software. In these matters we could always count on reliable and professional assistance.Arkadiusz Sobkowiak
Research and Development Director